My Top 4 Wholesome YouTube Channels That Makes My Heart Happy!

I like deep conversations. I find listening to stories of people from across the world very soul satisfying. As an incurable introvert with a social circle that resembles a few dots, I turn to the Internet seeking deep, intimate dialogues and human stories that gives me peace. And by peace, I don’t mean a state of happiness that comes from positive and funny stories. What I seek is a state of contentment that sometimes comes from having a good cry after listening to something emotional or sad. And sometimes it comes from watching people talk about the various shades of love and smiling ear-to-ear.

Here’s a list of YouTube channels/videos that I watch and re-watch as mental and emotional release therapy:


The Skin Deep, image source: https://www.instagram.com/the_skindeep/

This YouTube channel is love!
This is probably the first platform where I found what I was looking for. At The Skin Deep, I love witnessing deep, authentic and raw conversations that explores the simplest questions about love and life. It is a ‘creative studio and publisher exploring human emotion + intimacy in the digital age.’
I actually enjoy most of their videos. But I do have my favourites that I go back like when Sidra & Ben came back for the fourth time – particularly the part that starts at 8.11 minutes. 
A few of my favourites are:


Thoraya Maronesy - image source: https://www.instagram.com/thor.aya/

It was one of the ‘Strangers Call Their Crush’ videos that made an appearance on my feed and that got me hooked. Thoraya’s channel is ‘dedicated to interactive projects with strangers.’ And ‘Strangers Call Their Crush’ series is the most ‘wholesome’ and popular out of all her projects. I think it is because it is beautiful to watch people in love, talk about love, confessing their love and facing acceptance or rejection. But her other interactive projects are very insightful as well.
A few of my favourites are:

Rasa (left), Bryce (right) - image source: https://www.instagram.com/livingbiginatinyhouse/


In April 2019, the house tour of this ultra modern tiny house went viral and that’s how I discovered ‘Living Big In A Tiny House’ YouTube. Started by New Zealand-based Bryce Langston and his partner Rasa Pescud, they both are on a ‘journey to find the very best tiny homes, alternative dwellings and stories of downsized, eco-friendly living’.

I can’t even begin to express how much joy and peace the videos on this channel brings to me, week after week. Prior to this, I wasn’t interested or aware of the ‘tiny house’ or house-on-the-wheels movement. But this channel has sparked my love for it.

A few of my favourites are:

Casey Neistat - image source: https://www.instagram.com/caseyneistat/


So, Casey Neistat is a very popular name in the YouTube community - creators and viewers both. The cinematic mind and storytelling skills he possesses are hard to find. With approximately 12 million followers, his daily vlogs got him the most attention (his first daily vlog - last daily vlog). 

But I rewatch the special movies that he has made over the years. 

A few of my favourites are:

Yeah, so that’s it. These are favourite channels/creators on Youtube. Do share yours. 

Comments

Popular Posts