What is Love?

Photo by Annie Spratt on Unsplash

Remember when you cry so hard your throat hurts

You breath slowly and feel all drained

“Is this it? Have we reached the end?"

Torn between holding on and giving up,

You break into tears once again

"How did we reach here? you wonder,

With love so pure and feelings so real,

How can a bond like not reach its happy end?"



Down on your knees, he finds you broken 

“I know you are hurting, but have you eaten?

Taken aback by his question, you ask

“Our life is falling apart and all you care is if I ate?”



"I know you want my absence,

But you are weak and tired and sad,” he says

"I know you don't want me to be around,

But let me hold you till you get a little strong,

There’s a hole in my heart in the shape of you, 

And I can’t stop caring.

That’s why I ask again have you eaten?"

He pulls you onto his lap and wipes your tears

He lets you rest your head on his shoulder and soak his shirt



You embrace each other,

And prepare for the inevitable next.

A heart that can care,

Even when broken into a million pieces,

Is LOVE

A heart full of love.

Comments

Popular Posts